Applications may be submitted for projects that address one or more of the following activities:
- arranging and describing archival and manuscript collections;
- cataloging collections of printed works, photographs, recorded sound, moving images, art, and material culture;
- providing conservation treatment (including deacidification) for collections, leading to enhanced access;
- digitizing collections;
- preserving and improving access to born-digital sources;
- developing databases, virtual collections, or other electronic resources to codify information on a subject or to provide integrated access to selected humanities materials; . . . .
- developing tools for spatial analysis and representation of humanities data, such as atlases and geographic information systems (GIS); and
- designing digital tools to facilitate use of humanities resources.