To contribute to the development and implementation of the Library’s Digital Scholarship Strategy. To support curators and other professionals in the integration of digital collections and digital tools into routine curatorial functions. To lead the project management of complex digital or digitisation projects, working closely with curators in discipline areas. To train and advise staff throughout the Library in digital scholarship.
**Key areas of responsibility**
* To track developments in digital scholarship and the demand from users for new ways of researching which can exploit digital content
* To create partnerships, internal and external, which can support the Library’s strategic objectives in acquiring digital content, or exploiting the collection in digital ways
* To develop models of digital scholarship for arts and humanities and the social sciences and helping to integrate these within curatorial areas
* To encourage, support and assist curators in discipline areas to realise their vision of integrating a variety of formats into a seamless research experience or of digitising particular parts of the Library’s collections
* To lead on the delivery of major projects requiring complex project management and deep knowledge of digital scholarship, including managing dedicated resource
* To train staff throughout the Library in the opportunities for and practices of digital scholarship.