Topics for the Research Slam are welcome to intersect with the above questions or to move in different directions; methods and formats might include:
- media experiments with big data, big image archives, and web scraping
- computer-aided transformations and deformations of texts and media objects
- inventive engagements with big data and distant reading techniques
- experiments with interactivity, games, mods, and hacks
- aural, video, film, or performance pieces
- another format or method you’ve come up with
Please send 200-300-word proposals and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10th, 2013. (Notifications of acceptance will be sent very shortly after this date.) Proposals should indicate whether they wish to participate in the Research Slam or the Mediating the Nonhuman colloquium.
This event has been generously sponsored by a UCSB Interdisciplinary Humanities Center Collaborative Research Grant, the Center for Information Technology and Society, and the Departments of Comparative Literature, Film and Media Studies, and Spanish and Portuguese.