The Victorian Division seeks abstracts for a panel on Victorian Informatics.What were the properties of information in the Victorian period? Was there a Victorian culture of information? How did Victorians, amass, manage, propagate information? How did ideologies and economies of information shape forms of cultural expression—and vice versa?
Topics might include:
- Producing, organizing, or circulating knowledge
- Information taxonomies and technologies
- Economies and ecologies of information
- Narrating information
- The poetics or aesthetics of information
- Wanting facts—or having too much information
500-word abstracts and brief cvs to Richard Menke (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 March 2013.