Electronic Literature Showcase, Digital Reference Section, Library of Congress.
Electronic Literature Showcase
April 3-5, 2013
Save the date! Please join the Digital Reference Section for an Electronic Literature Showcase to be held April 3-5, 2013 on site at the Thomas Jefferson Building, Library of Congress.
Planned events include:
- Exhibition and Open House. Read and interact with more than a hundred works of electronic literature spanning the last thirty years of literary history, selected by guest curators Dene Grigar and Kathi Inman Berens. Chat with Library of Congress specialists and visiting experts, view vintage digital media and equipment, and join in a variety of hands-on activities.
- Keynote Address and Panel Discussion. On the afternoon of April 5, scholars discuss the pasts, futures, and present shape of electronic literature:
- Keynote: Stuart Moulthrop (University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee), noted hypertext author and literary scholar.
- Panel: Kathi Inman Berens (University of Southern California), Dene Grigar (Washington State University Vancouver), Matthew Kirschenbaum (University of Maryland), and Nick Montfort (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- Literary Readings. Electronic literature authors read and perform from their recent or significant works.
- Workshops. Hands-on sessions explore the software, hardware and cultural precedents that play into “born digital” literary creations.